About the Role
We are looking for an extraordinary Director of People Operations to help us provide an amazing experience for all our employees.
In this role, you will...
- Develop our performance management, professional development, compensation, retention, and promotion processes.
- Ensure that all new employees experience world-class onboarding and continuing training experiences.
- Build scalable recruiting systems to help support our corporate and local recruiting needs.
- Ensure that our company is in compliance of all local and national labor and safety laws for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Own the people function in our company as our first dedicated people resource and report directly to the COO.
As the ideal candidate, you...
- BA/BS degree with at least 5 years of experience in HR.
- Experience in a retail environment or working with non-exempt employees.
- Strong track record of successfully implementing measurable HR processes, technologies, tools and programs, but may not yet have had a chance to run your own show. Now is your chance.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves to create an organization that can attract, retain, and develop world-class talent.
- Expert knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices.
You’ll Love Working at Rinse Because…
- We have built a high-caliber team and have a tight-knit, collaborative work environment that values honesty and open communication
- We are committed to professional development and can promise a fast-moving environment where you will be challenged and stretched on a daily basis.
- You will take pride in creating Interesting and impactful work at a promising startup that would be proud to tell your mom about!
- We offer competitive compensation and stock options, in addition to great benefits, including health insurance, open vacation policy, flexible work and office hours, and Rinse credit towards laundry/Dry cleaning!Our office is located in the SOMA area of San Francisco, located close to BART and Caltrain.
Rinse is building the first and largest national, and eventually global, brand in clothing care. We're taking on a massive consumer problem and creating a significantly better dry cleaning and laundry experience through the combination of "smart scheduling" and best-in-class quality, all supported by a strong technology backbone.
We launched in 2013 and are currently in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Boston, with plans to launch multiple new markets in 2017. We've grown at double digit month-over-month rates since launch, have created a differentiated service our customers love, and have a model where the economics actually work.
Rinse is backed by a group of leading VCs and CEOs who see the massive potential in what we are doing and know we are the team to do it. We are looking for stars to join our team and can’t wait to hear from you.